built at Shoreham Fort.
Doing our bit to remember.
During the First World War, Shoreham and the surrounding area housed many soldiers in training camps. Training trenches, shooting ranges, and grenade pits were installed to train anything up to 100,000 men at a time.
We have built this trench as a lasting memorial to all those who trained and left Shoreham, some never to return…
Sponsor a sandbag for £10 to help fund this unique project, by either filling in the form on the rightbelow, or by contacting us.
Sandbags have been filled and anyone wishing to sponsor one may now do so. Those who sponsor a sandbag will have their names and message recorded and kept for future generations to see.
To sponsor a sandbag, please fill out the following:
Video Log of the build
Videos by friends…
In the news…
- Shoreham Herald: Trench built at Shoreham Fort in memory of First World War soldiers – in pictures
- The Argus: Commemorative First World War trench completed in Shoreham
- Sussex Live: The trenches built in Shoreham to remember its First World War connection
- ITV News: The trench in Sussex remembering Shoreham’s connection to World War One
- More Radio: WWI-STYLE TRENCH BEING CONSTRUCTED AS A MEMORIAL AT SHOREHAM FORT